Wednesday, December 21, 2005

turn it down

A recollection of sorts, my mind veers all around and turns back to nowhere, looking at the sequence of events that have been happening in the recent past. They seem to be more than just a passage of time, they tell many stories. There seems to be more to them than just an existential side, as to why they happened, or what would have happened had they not happened?
The characters that make a story can be a story in their own right, themselves. Every day tells a lifetime of a story. We might be different in our intentions at the onset of the day, and might think differently over the prospects of the world changing one day, but our fortunes are inextricably tied together, like it or not.

We used to do a thing in college, it was called paparazzi or something, where we put different parts of newspaper headlines together and made them look funny. Life is similar to that.



Turn it down
Music is playing in the air; the air takes it away-its incalescence.
But I can still hear the air, it makes me wonder….
Where is the music?
And do I need to hear it all the time?
May be air was quieter, may be the music didn’t make sense.
Voices haggling for a price of acceptance, eyes looking for an eye to share the view.
One lonely pair of eyes turns away from the concoction, they seek indifference.

“Give me negligence, grant me ignorance!”
“Wash my pride down with those un-caring looks”
“Tell me that I do not deserve a second thought, save the first”
Break me down to bits, so I could see how many pieces constitute my whole.
Let me be the broken-me, and not the compromised-me for this evening.
The floating red in my concepts of white yearns for erasure, yearns for freedom.

Say that you would just like to leave, and say that you don’t want me to question.
Say that I could sit here for as long as you don’t care.
Say that this space is bigger than you and me, bigger than this moment for it will pass but the space will stay.
The mouth might ache, but the smile will stay.
“Smile, lonely one, feel good that you are alone”
“Smile, and say to yourself you still prefer the silence to the sound of music,

Music that lost its sense of time a while back,
in a moment when I looked away and you still thought I was looking.

Turn it down and lose the innocence, now.
---------------------------------------End-----------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home